Thursday, February 17, 2011

Toast It! Melt It! Smother It!


“For almost fifty years, Emil’s Deli has been serving great food to the city of Cedar Rapids.”
          Do you know what that means!?  It means that their Hawkeye sandwich (oven-baked roast beef, cheddar cheese, & bacon, topped with sautéed peppers, onions, and mushrooms, toasted together and united with Thousand Island and grilled sourdough) is probably older than most of yo mommas!
          I (and my taste buds) had the pleasure of trying out this little gem of our fair town last week.  From the moment I opened the menu, the little voice in the back of my head was crying out in hunger, “I want it all!”  If you’re looking for a place that you will truly come hungry and leave happy (and maybe a little stuffed) then Emil’s is the place for you!
          Let’s start with the appetizers:  they’ve got your classics like wings, nachos, and quesadillas but with their own little twist.  Not in the mood for spicy?  Try Asian or BBQ!  Although, let me just say that with their portions, an appetizer could probably be your meal!  If it were me, I would get some queso dip and chips and get my sandwich to do.  Gotta have something to satisfy that 3 A.M. hunger!
          Now, they don’t call it Emil’s Deli for nothing!  The sandwiches are pretty much sexier and yummier than Channing Tatum and Anderson Cooper combined (and for my guy friends, imagine someone more beautiful and voluptuous than Beyonce’ or J-LO).  Anyway, my point is that the keyword here is deli!  From the classic Egg salad to their signature Apple Turkey Jack, you won’t be disappointed!  But, in the spirit of Marilyn Monroe, “some like it hot!”  And if you are a member of the “some” that I speak of, then sandwiches such as the Shrimp Bacon Club, Cuban, Meatball, or Reuben (my personal favorite) are delicious enough to bring you as close to heaven (or reincarnation, purgatory, etc) as possible!
          Not in the mood for sandwiching it up?  Trying to lose that stubborn belly bulge before summer?  Then, no worries!  Emil’s offers a bountiful selection of salads or wraps!  You can even “create your own!”  Oh, and the potato salad and baked beans are pretty much amazing too!
          So what are you waiting for!?  Get your keaster over to Emil’s and chow down!  Still not convinced?  Then I’ll put it to you this way:  if Emil’s were a Facebook status, then I guarantee that you would “like” it! 

Emil’s Deli
7037 C Ave. NE
Suite 200
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
(319)-743-3123
Hours of Operation
M-Thurs.
10:30-9:00
Friday-Saturday
10:30-11:00
Sunday
10:30-7:00
Dine In, Carryout, and all your catering needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment